Sunday, April 26, 2009

jealousy runs through my veins

So for those of you who don't know, my parents recently purchased a new cafe! well....i call it a cafe because i have no idea how to classify it....its got....viet sandwiches, a few rice plates and soup noodles...smoothies.....sushi.....and of course mitchell's ice cream! yum.. anyhoo i have been mia these past 2 weeks from church helping to get everything ready and we had a grand opening party for family and friends today.

so now you might ask, what does all this have to do with your title? easy. like i said a family and friends event so this meant almost all of my cousins were there (college midterms and ...china prevented the ones who weren't there). met my cousin tim's fiance which was nice (wedding a week before my birthday) but i got to see my cousin Thomas who just so happens to be a a professional photographer on the side( along with working for Intel, owning his own computer consulting company, working on the hybridization and fusion of ...(stuff i don't remember) amongst other things) *sorry for that slight brag but hey i'm proud of the guy*. anyhoo so my cousin who is the pro photographer just so happened to bring one of the cameras he uses along with a very nice 35-70mm lens and i got to use it for hours and hoursssssssss! soooooo much fun! he was teaching me all this stuff about figuring out the best settings for dslr's and using focus and doing all this stuff manually instead of on automatic (like i usually do).

*sigh* i must admit i have not thought about getting a dslr seriously for awhile. i hardly take my regular point and shoot out anymore but using that camera today has really revitalized my desire to get one........booooooooo and that is where the jealousy begins. *sigh* oh well.... i guess one day right? okay i will go and try to get work done and let this jealousy eat away at me.................

1 comment:

Chris said...

I wanna know where this place is. Is it near our house?