Tuesday, July 5, 2011

KCDC Lesson 1: Reapply Sunscreen Often, Don't Get Lost



So today was the fourth week of CTBC's Koinonia Children's Day Camp, but it was actually my first day and I can honestly say I am completely wiped out!! Even though I was fully aware of how tired I was going to be due to my experience in years prior, I forgot exactly how TIRED a day of KCDC makes you. Of course it probably didn't help that our group left for a field trip right away and then proceeded to get lost and walk an extra 30+ mins (the kids walked up and down the mountain side 3x more than they needed to and we felt so bad that we bought them popsicles). Because I can't share pictures of my kids, this picture of how far we walked up will have to do.
(taken when I was sent to scout out the Randall Musuem...never again)

Then walking around the insect and animal exhibits, playing freeze tag sporadically at the park (my bad for ditching you Chris Chu)for over an hour and then running away from different groups of kids back at site. All I wanted to do when I got home was shower and sleep. As tiring and long as the day seemed to be though, there are few joys that I think compare to a day of KCDC(despite the frustrations and physical exhaustion). There's something incredible about serving in this ministry that has stuck with me for all these years as well as in serving and fellowshipping with my fellow brothers and sisters. Time to go put aloe on my sunburned arms and get some rest before day 2. Stay tuned :)

No comments: