Friday, July 9, 2010

Going Going Gone



After KCDC tomorrow a large group of the college KCDC leaders will be heading off to Del Valle camp grounds for a mini weekend retreat. This will be the first year the class of 2008 will get a chance to experience real camping as part of the college department. I have to admit I'm kinda excited for it but at the same time I am up at nearly 2 in the morning trying to finish packing and finish hw and clean. It has definitely been a busy couple of weeks and honestly I am completely drained both physically and spiritually. I don't know what's planned for this weekend but I will be praying for God to meet with me, to revive my spirit and to really give me some guidance and direction as to where He wants me to go.

On that note, I feel like my brain has been working overtime these couple of weeks as I am constantly thinking about what needs to be done next, what I need to plan ahead for, all the different worries in my life. This is not to say I have spent these past weeks moping around like a dejected child in a corner. I have been blessed with a lot of people who have been keeping me afloat but I think I'm at the point where I need to really just support myself. Don't get me wrong. I'm entirely grateful and thankful to those who have been continually encouraging me and have been sharing my burdens but I can't only depend on them and not try to help myself right? That's what I will leave you with.

Actually I feel bad that I have not updated my 3 part blog so here is the song part. I was actually going to post up a different song but after last Friday it got changed (in my mind at least). Terry W-L introduced a new idea of meditation on the Word last Friday at fellowship and I wanted to share my experience with you guys. As John 19 was read out loud, the college folk closed their eyes and were instructed to really rest on the word, on taking in the gospel. As the reading ended, an extremely bright but at the same time, faint picture of Jesus on the cross came to mind. As I was staring at the sight before me, I realized my eyes could not stay on the image any longer and my eyes were drawn to the feet of Jesus. In the kneeling position I was in, I could not help but feel like I finally understood what it meant to be at the feet of Jesus. It's hard to explain but in my mind, the physical act of kneeling at the feet of Jesus was so incredibly powerful. For the rest of the meditation time, my mind kept going to this song written a couple of months ago. It's nowhere close to being finished and I don't know the direction I want to take the song but for now, here it is. I haven't had the time to add instrumentals to the recording of it yet but hopefully I can get that out ....before the year is done? We'll see. You guys all know how bad I am at following up with these things.


Chorus:
I am spoken for
Each and every day
My hope is in a God who
Reserved for me a space
Picked up from the ground
From the rumble of my life
In His hands I’m safe and sound
I am spoken for

Bridge:
Hands that washed my feet (I am spoken for)
Hands nailed to the cross (I am spoken for)
Hands that hold me close (I am spoken for)
Hands that shield me (I am spoken for)

(2x)
These hands made me new and
These hands paid the price
For my sin that caused me death
He has given me life

1 comment:

Connie said...

hi judy i like your blog!